Roasted Corn and Crab Bisque
Makes 2 ½ Gal.
Ingredients: Shelf Life: 5 Days
3 oz. Butter
3 oz. All Purpose Flour
1 ½ Qt. Trinity (2 parts Onion, 1 part Celery, 1 part Green Bell Pepper)
1 ½ Qt. Roasted (not burnt) Corn Kernels
3 Bay Leaves
1 Gal. Crab Stock (1 gallon water, 4oz. Crab Base)
1 Qt. Heavy Cream
2 Lb. Back Fin or Claw Crab Meat (free of shells)
2 C. Chopped Green Onion
2 Tbs. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Ground White Pepper
2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1. Wash your hands. Collect all ingredients, and clean, sanitized necessary equipment.
2. In large Sauce Pot; melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, and cook till blonde roux is achieved. Add trinity and “sweat” till just softened, roughly 5 minutes.
3. Whisk in stock, or water and base. Add Bay leaves, and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, till roux is cooked out, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in Corn and Cream and simmer another 5 minutes.
5. Finish with Crabmeat, Green onions, Salt, and Pepper.